Translate

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My name piece


Kristyn

My name doesn’t have any special meaning or story behind it. Kristyn means “follower of Christ.” I like this because it relates to my religious beliefs.  My parents told me when I born they looked at me and said “ are you a…?” They have a very thick book with baby names underlined and circled. When my mom came across kristyn she was having trouble trying to come up with spelling. Kristen, Kristin, and Krystin then she came up with Kristyn. This spelling is very uncommon which is why she chose it. Whenever I go to a store and my brothers and sisters, and they find a key chain with their name on it. I never see the correct spelling of my name on one of those key chains. It makes me feel very upset. But at the same time it shows me how my name is very unique.
My middle name, Marie, it is passed down from my mom’s family. It is very simple and suits me best because it’s short and sweet. Marie means a type of sweet biscuit and extremely fun, caring, intelligent, very funny and beautiful person. I feel this name best suits me because all of those adjectives make me who I am. I am glad Marie was chosen for me because the sound of my full name flows well.
My name is like the color brown. This color is very unique because nobody really likes this color, as they’re favorite because it is not a very popular. This is the type of color you don’t pay attention to. The color brown relates to my name because of the spelling. Spelling my name with a y at the end makes this spelling very uncommon. I like the fact that is very original and was given to me because I don’t want to be like everyone else I want to stand out in a many different, and good ways.
My name is like the number seven. Seven is a prime number and a prime means no other number can be multiplied or fit in to seven. I like how my name is spelled with 7 letters because it shows that I am a special number and nobody can fit or act like me. Lastly the number seven is not a very popular number and that is like the spelling of my name. I like that because it makes me feel different and special.
At school my name changes from Kristyn, to Kris Kris or Kristy. Also at dance and soccer I am called by Kris. I think all my nicknames are okay. They aren’t my favorite. But kristyn, is a very hard to come up with nicknames. All my siblings and friends have cool nicknames that everyone calls them. For example I friend Agnes’s nickname is “aggie” a lot of people call her that. I wish I had a cool nickname too. I wouldn’t change my name just for that. It shows me one of the disadvantages of having my name but at the same time I can deal with it and kristyn has many other advantages including spelling and sound.
I feel my name best suits me. Everyone say I only look like a Kristyn and I guess that is a good thing. My name shaped me on becoming the person I am today. My name is very special to me because it is what I have been called my whole life. My name is what makes me who. Kristyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment